This presentation describes a real world use case related to layout algorithms used in graphics such as node-link diagram. Here the goal is to improve the computation time of graph layout algorithm.
To accelerate the computation and reduce the compute time, the layout algorithm is implemented using new technologies like OpenCL and WebCL .OpenCL is a new standard for carrying out computation in heterogeneous environments i.e It is possible to execute same OpenCL code on GPU ,CPU or any OpenCL compliant device.
The session will cover following topics:-
- Introduction to multicore architecture and its evolution
- Brief description of compute resource used in the demo
-Multicore CPU,many core GPU (Graphics processing unit),GPGPU computing (general purpose graphics processing unit)
- Demo of HTML5 use case using parallel computations
- Brief overview of new cutting edge technology like OpenCL and WebCL ,which make it possible to achieve accelerated computations in HTML5
- Code walkthrough of the demo application
Audience Take aways:-
After this session audience will know how to achieve compute performance in HTML5 using new technology
-Advantages GPGPU computing
-Controlling native code execution from browser